Join us as we celebrate 17 years of knitting and crocheting for the community!
Welcome to Angel Hugs! We are non-profit charity group of volunteers founded in the fall of 1998. Angel Hugs is located in Mississauga Ontario, Canada. We meet once per month, usually the first Sunday of the Month.
Our volunteers knit or crochet items for babies, children and adults that have suffered a severe trauma or serious life threatening illness. We also help young mothers at risk, and the homeless. Our members have made 2,174 items in 2013 making a grand total of 31,308 knitted, crocheted, and quilted items donated since 1998.
- quilts & afghans – all sizes for babies, children, & adults
- bonnet & blanket sets – for preemie & full term babies
- gown, bonnet, & blanket set – for stillborn and deceased babies
- sweater & bonnet set – for preemie and full term babies
- hat, scarf, & mitt sets – for children and adults
- shawls – for adults who are ill and in crisis
- knitted & crocheted toys – for children and babies
Our Donations Go To:
- Credit Valley Hospital: Special Care Nursery, Adult Oncology, Renal Dialysis, and Pediatric Oncology
- Trillium Health Centre (Mississauga Hospital): Special Care Nursery
- Interim Place 1 and 2: local battered women’s shelters
- Best Start: a Peel Health program for moms at risk
- The Dam: a youth drop-in centre
- Ian Anderson House: a palliative care hospice in Oakville
- The Open Door: a Christian drop in centre for the homeless and those in need
- North York General: Deceased Baby Program to help comfort parents chemo caps – for those with cancer